Foreplay/Long Time

Yes, the title of this a Boston song.  One of the best Boston songs ever.  Actually, Long Time came out as a separate single from Foreplay but they then got merged together.  I forget when.

Anyways, the reason that is the title is because it’s been a long time since I last wrote!  (Oh, I’m so punny).

Last week I was in Virginia for spring break, which for one day was really nice and sunny and warm.  Then it snowed…  After a few days the snow melted, but I went south expecting warm, sunny days, not ice!  Either way, it was nice to be back.  I cooked, I got in some archery practice, I caught up on some TV shows, and I got to go to Alamo Drafthouse Cinema to see Mr. Peabody and Sherman, which was an adorable movie.  But I can’t wait for How to Train Your Dragon 2.  I love the first one so much that I can’t imagine how the second one could be any better!  I have to see it.

Heading back up to Massachusetts from Virginia was much more…interesting…than heading down.  We woke up at 4:30 am to drive to the airport for my 8:30 flight.  The flight was oversold.  So I was bumped to the 12:30 flight.  Which was also oversold.  The 3 flights that afternoon and evening were also oversold.  It was an impossible feat for me to make a flight back to Hartford.  So my dad drove back to the airport to pick me up, and we started our 8-hour drive to the Bradley Airport in Hartford, Connecticut, because that’s where my car was parked.  For the first 3-4 hours, the journey was pretty smooth.  They the tire pressure light came on.  So we pulled off to find the psi in one tire was at 20, not 35.  After inflating it and driving another 20 miles, the light came back on.  Meaning the tire was leaking air.

We pulled into an Auto Zone at 6:58 pm.  The store closed at 7, but we made it just in time to buy some Fix-A-Flat.  Unfortunately we couldn’t get the tire replaced or patched because it was a Sunday night and everything was closed.  The Fix-A-Flat was better than nothing, though.  It got us to Hartford by ~12:30 am, which is when I picked up my car and drove back to campus.  Needless to say, I slept like a rock when I got back.

And now it’s the Saturday after returning MoHome.  I like to think I’ve caught up on my lost sleep, but I could be wrong.  Yesterday I saw the MHC Faculty show, which is only once every 4 years!  It was so much fun to watch our faculty make jokes and fools of themselves on stage.  I found that by the end I was laughing until I cried.

Now I have to get started on homework.  That is, if I can ever stop looking at DIY projects.  My most recent finds: a DIY all-natural and organic mascara, and a face mask.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s